From the start, Insulation Apprentices EARN while they LEARN.
The Insulation Contractors Association of New England works hand in hand with the Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers of Local #6 to recruit and develop the highest-skilled and best-trained workers in the industry. This begins by ensuring both apprentices and journeymen receive the most current and up-to-date training available. The Apprenticeship application process is highly competitive and requires an applicant to exhibit the same desire and determination that will make them a successful apprentice.
Watch the video below to learn more about insulation apprenticeships.
Apprenticeships include a four (4) year training program with 160 annual class hours. Over the four year program, apprentices will also work 7,200 hours of on-the-job training with journeymen insulators, who help the apprentices put their new skills to use in the field through side–by-side professional job supervision. We strongly encourage Boston residents, women, and people of color to apply!
To Apply you will need:
- An original, valid driver’s license (No photo ID’s or photo copies of your license)
- An original high school diploma, GED certificate, or certified transcript showing your graduation date – no photo copies;
- $25.00 application fee – Only cash, check or money order accepted, no credit or debit cards;
- A reliable vehicle
To Apply you must:
- Attend an information session on one of the dates and times listed below
- Be 18 years of age or older by June 1, 2017;
- Bring your original, valid, current driver’s license when you come to apply
- Bring an original high school diploma, GED certificate, or a certified transcript showing your graduation date when you come to apply
- Pay a non-refundable aptitude testing fee of $25.00 at application time
- Reside within the jurisdiction of Local 6 (MA, ME, NH, RI)
- Have a reliable vehicle
- Pass a General Aptitude Test, physical exam, and drug screening