Please join ICANE for a Negotiation Workshop with Dan Barrett of Maxim Consulting.
Purpose: Prepare participants to understand and effectively manage the negotiation process with a principled approach and commitment to long-term relationships.
Goals: The primary goal is to help participants manage negotiations more effectively by teaching them to prepare, conduct and review negotiations, and to be aware of a variety of negotiation styles and processes that may be encountered. Through a mix of presentations, interactive discussions, case studies and personal reflection, participants will:
- Develop a shared understanding of a negotiation
- Learn about the concepts of a principled negotiation
- Understand the fundamental elements of the negotiation framework outlined in the acclaimed book Getting to Yes.
- Through case studies developed by the Harvard Negotiation Project, participants will have an opportunity to practice their negotiation skills with exercises designed for in-class and between sessions.
- Demystify the negotiation process to reduce the natural anxiety most people feel when placed in a “negotiation” and recharacterize negotiation as a common occurrence.
Course Structure: This course will be six hours long. Participants are strongly encouraged to read Getting to Yes prior to the course to ensure a complete understanding of the course materials.
Speaker Bio: Dan Barrett is a Director with Maxim Consulting Group. Grounded in two decades of construction industry experience, spanning engineering to executive roles, Dan is passionate about helping people develop skills to be strong negotiators and effective communicators.